After a huge restoration, this medieval castle has finally reached full functioning thanks to the creation of a visitors’ route and facilities suitable to host historic and cultural events. It is famous for the celebrated water colours that Albrecht Dürerpainted in 1494 on his first trip to Italy. The only remaining tower of the original nucleus of the castle, already mentioned in a document of 1216 drawn up by the Prince-Bishop Federico Vanga for the investiture of a feud to Rodolfo Scancio. In the Battle of Segonzano on 2nd November 1796, the castle was sacked and burnt by Napoleon’s French troops. The already damaged manor was almost demolished by the flood of 1882, when several families of the place used the stones to rebuild their own homes.
Open for visits: the site is accessible all the year round and is equipped with walkways and panoramic platforms.