The church rises in the hamlet of the same name in the municipality of Fornace. According to tradition, it is the parent church of the entire Piné area, followed in importance by San Mauro Church. The rather ancient foundations date back to the VI-VII century. Originally dedicated to St. Cipriano, it was enlarged in 1502 and was then dedicated to St. Stefano. Archaeological excavations at the end of the eighties and early nineties brought to light an ancient tomb. There are certain fine frescoes inside the church and a fragment of a mosaic of the XI century.
Locality: Santo Stefano di Fornace